Diflucan to Treat Fungal Infections
Diflucan (Fluconazole), also known as fluconazole, is the type of medication used against fungal infections. It is utilized for the management of conditions provoked by fungus, which can penetrate any body part of a person, including throat, mouth, lungs and the blood system. It is also used to prevent infections caused by the fungus in those patients who have a poor immune system such as the ones who undergo cancer-related treatment or have such illnesses as AIDS.
|Drug Name:||Diflucan (Fluconazole)|
|Tablet Strength:||50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg|
|Price:||From $1.19 per pill|
|Payment Method:||Visa, MasterCard|
|Delivery Time:||2-3 weeks|
|Where to Buy?||Visit Pharmacy|
Warnings and Precautions
It is inadvisable to administer Diflucan in any available form in case you experience allergic reactions to the components of this drug. Besides, some types of medications could provoke serious adverse reactions if used in combination with this drug. It is recommended to tell your doctor in case you take one of the drugs described below:
- Antibiotic medicines and other drugs used to treat fungal infections
- Blood-thinning medicines
- Drugs used for treating cancer
- Cholesterol decreasing medications
- Drugs against diabetes symptoms
- Anti-malaria and anti-tuberculosis drugs
- Medicines used to manage mental health conditions
- Steroid-based medications
- Medications against high blood pressure and long QT syndrome or other heart-related problems, etc.
How to Take Diflucan?
Diflucan needs to be taken according to the prescription of a doctor or instructions available on the package of this medication. The dosage in your particular case would depend on the type of infection you are managing. Vaginal infections might be treated with the use of only one tablet, while other infections might require a more prolonged period of treatment. Follow the next instructions when taking Diflucan:
- Take Diflucan with a meal or on an empty stomach
- A regular dose for an adult person ranges between 50-400 mg a day
- Don't forget to shake the bottle with oral suspension in case you are using a liquid form of the drug. Measure the necessary dose using a special dose-calculating device (not a regular spoon)
- Inform your physician in case your symptoms do not go away over a long period of time or if your condition does not get better, but instead is getting worse
- Use this drug for the full duration of the treatment, even if the symptoms quickly alleviate over a short period of time. In case you miss the next dose, the risk of the infection spreading further will increase and, therefore, your condition might get worse
- Do not use Diflucan for the treatment of infections caused by viruses, such as flu or cold.
What Are Possible Side Effects?
The most commonly occurring side effects for this drug include the following conditions:
- Feeling sick
- Stomach ache
- Upset stomach
- Feeling drowsy
- Skin reactions
- Impaired taste, etc.
In rare cases, the intake of this drug could cause allergic reactions, including swelling of body parts and other signs and symptoms, so in this case, it is advisable to discontinue the use of this medication and seek medical attention immediately to prevent serious outcomes.